Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Life as I know it

Last week I wrote about my meeting with yet another doctor concerning my condition.  There are now three different doctors overseeing my case: Dr R, an OBGYN, Dr. P, the fertility specialist and Dr K, the OB oncologist. My life with Asherman's consists of weekly blood tests and calls from, or to Doctors discussing what to do about my current state. Dr K was the first doctor I've encountered in this journey that actually had no hope for me conceiving and carrying a child. So you can understand how I walked away from last weeks meeting feeling discouraged. But then I got a call from my fertility doc Dr P yesterday, who has been following my case and he is not of the same opinion at all. Who knows? I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying not to worry about it anymore. What will be, will be.

Yesterday I had another blood test. There was a new trainee in the lab I usually go to and she actually scratched my arm with the needle when she pulled it out so I have this lovely mark down my arm from that to remind me of what happened. Nice lady and all, but I think she needs to work on her technique a little, haha!

Anyway. Found out from the nurse at the OB oncologist that my HCG level only dropped 1 point from last week. HCG is now 15. And here I wait, yet again, for the doctor to call and let me know what to do. Hopefully we will stick with the plan to continue sitting tight and keep getting blood tests.

1 comment:

  1. It is going in the right direction, at least. 15 is a lot lower than 500. If it drops 1 point per week, you'll be at 0 in...oh boy. You better sing the "Have Patience" song to yourself.

    Love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete